Protect Your Teeth and Gums: Health and Wellness Guide For Adults
Seven Tips for Healthy, White Teeth
Daily use of Coconut Oil whitens teeth and Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic practice, dating back thousands of year for pulling harmful bacteria, fungus, and other organisms out of the mouth, teeth, gums and throat. I love oils for brushing my teeth, NEEM OIL has an awful taste but is 100 in destroying cavities, plaque and rebuilding of the enamel. Packing your toothbrush is a serious waste and interferes with brush contact. A drop will do, I even brush twice in one setting… 1st to remove garbage and 2nd to clean. Brush once in the AM and Before Bed is suffice; there is no need and actually unhealthy to brush throughout the day… rinsing will do so If you feel the need to brush after every meal, your eating habits needs to be evaluated or you have OCD lmao. Fluoride is DANGEROUS simple as that!
My 3 Personal Favorites: Teeth, Tongue and Gums… Use oil ( My preference is Charcoal/Bentonite Clay, Neem/Turmeric and Coconut ) Brush All Parts, Top/Bottom & In Between TEETH GENTLY… Floss but neem and charcoal has a pulling affect that allows you to skip flossing on occasions… truth be told; I floss maybe every other day and Use Straws to Prevent Stains & Acid Enamel Erosion ツ
***********Homemade Toothpaste, ToothOil… 1 part coconut oil, 1 part baking soda, 2 parts turmeric powder with 1/4 part Hydrogen Peroxide. Mix together to form a paste and keep in a cool place… no need to refrigerate bc it may solidly too much***********
• Teeth are porous and can soak up stains like a sponge, after drinking coffee, tea, or red wine, or eating soy sauce, berries, or curry, drink a glass of water to help wash away stains before they set in.
• Fibrous foods like apples, celery, carrots, spinach, broccoli and lettuce actually work to remove stains by exfoliating teeth before the stain molecules have time to set into the teeth’s molecules.
• Try naturally whitening your teeth by eating strawberries, rubbing the inside of an orange peel on your teeth, or mixing lime juice and salt, turmeric and my favorite charcoal which pulls all toxins from the mouth.
• Drink through a straw whenever possible.
• If you smoke, quit.
• Brush with baking soda at least once a week.
• Eat more fruits and veggies. Make huge salads. Avoid fast food and processed food as much as possible. Avoid constant snacking. All of this will help give you brighter, whiter teeth with fewer cavities.
• Invest in an electronic toothbrush, such as Sonicare. (I stop using electric toothbrushes because of the wear and tear not only of the natural enamel but of the gum and especially the gum line; you will notice a receding gum line. (I did).
• Gargle with small bit apple cider vinegar mixed with water in the morning and then brush as usual. The vinegar helps remove stains, whiten teeth, and kill bacteria in your mouth and gums.
…Whitening Teeth with Strawberries: Procedure: Brushing teeth using mashed strawberries… WIPE”
It is not advisable to brush your teeth with strawberries. The sugar and acid in the strawberry will harm your teeth more than it will help if you don’t brush your teeth after.
If you eat an acid fruit such as strawberry or any other healthy but acidic food such as yogurt, It’s advised that you wait at least 20min to brush your teeth since the acid softens the enamel and you would be brushing some enamel away if you brush immediately. After 20 minutes the saliva would have ‘buffered’ the acid on the teeth and would be OK to brush and floss.
…Whitening Teeth with Baking Soda- Procedure: Using Baking Soda with toothpaste while brushing
Baking Soda won’t bleach your teeth but, it will help in removing plaque which will give a more shine affect. Be warned that Baking Soda is an abrasive and if you use it too much, the enamel on your teeth can get damaged.
…Whitening teeth with Hydrogen Peroxide: Studies on humans repeatedly using oral health products containing hydrogen peroxide have shown that:
* using mouth rinses or mouth washes that contain up to 1.5% hydrogen peroxide once or twice daily for up to 2 years had no adverse effects on the inside of the mouth, gums or tongue and can even improve gum health significantly. Also, spray toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide to after each use to kill and keep germs at bay.
However, one study reported discoloration of the inner lining of the mouth and the tongue when used 4 times daily for 5 weeks.
* adults who brushed with a toothpaste containing 0.87% hydrogen peroxide twice a day for 6 months showed no differences in gum health
* rinses containing 3% hydrogen peroxide used 3 to 5 times per day can cause irritation in people with a previous mouth injury.
* rinsing and brushing 2 to 3 times daily with products containing more than 6% hydrogen peroxide can affect the tongue and gums in some healthy people. There are studies being conducted upon hydrogen peroxide and DNA damage, cancer, reproductive disorders, etc. So I cannot stress enough to use the proper dilution rate, no more than twice a day, and do not swallow!
The end result; manufacturer willing to work to create some amazing toothpaste. Here are some other natural teeth-cleansing ingredients of the Natural Toothpaste. The below content was provide by Natural Health Specialist but there are others.
- Calcium Carbonate – Mild abrasive for cleaning your teeth.
- Xylitol – Enhances flavor. More details on this amazing ingredient coming up.
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice – Helps to cleanse the teeth and gums while soothing your entire mouth.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) – Promotes whitening and helps freshen your breath.
- Essential Oil Blend – Made from natural peppermint, eucalyptus, cardamom, and anise for breath freshening.
- Natural Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (SLL) – Multi-purpose ingredient produced from coconut oil and food-grade all-natural lactic acid. It creates foaming action. This is not the same as risky SLS (more on this coming up).
- Organic Tapioca Starch – Used traditionally in the West Indies as a basis for oral vitality.
- Carageenan – Natural red seaweed extract used to help thicken the toothpaste.
- Stevia Leaf Extract – A sugar free sweetener that actually helps clean teeth.
- Licorice Root Extract – Helps to freshen your breath.
- Tea Tree Oil – Promotes clean teeth.
- Tulsi Oil – Holy Basil prevents occasional bad breath and cleans your teeth.